Head Housekeeping Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: 2021-09-22
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Executive Housekeepers (6213)
NOC Job Title: Housekeeping Manager
Expires in 3 days
Last Updated: 2021-09-14
Job Number: 695995
791 Pandora Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia
V8W 1N9, Canada
“Ocean Island is more than a hostel, it's an experience”- Lonely Planet Canada Guidebook.
- Training and supervising our delightful band of housekeepers.
- Creating the housekeeping staff schedule and staffing planning and hiring with our managers.
- Maintaining Ocean Island Inn’s high standard of cleanliness throughout our facility.
- Providing a clean, friendly and inviting environment for our global travelers to relax and feel at home in.
- Problem solving and finding ways to keep improving our housekeeping.
- Liaising with the office, front desk and maintenance departments.
- Room to grow: opportunity to take on more responsibilities and transition to housekeeping manager.
THE FINE PRINT:
- Compensation is $25/hour. It can also include benefits such as a medical plan and extended paid time off.
- The shifts are typically 9am-5:30pm.
- The position is guaranteed 40 hours a week all year.
- We are flexible with time off, so you can do travelling of your own or whatnot.
QUALIFICATIONS & QUALITIES:
- Housekeeping supervisor experience in a hotel or other accommodation business.
- A friendly but firm approach to supervising and working with people.
- Positive attitude, excellent communicator and good motivator.
- Energetic, with an eye for detail.
- Skills in planning, organization and effective time management.
- Must have initiative, the ability to work independently and to be calm in a busy environment.
- A driver’s license.
- We are requiring proof of vaccination for all guests as of September 13, and we follow or exceed all covid related safety regulations.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Email your resume (with the name of the position) to jobs[a]oceanisland.com, or come by in person to drop off your resume.
How to Apply