911 Emergency / Non-Emergency Call Taker
Salary: $58,263.00 - $68,530.00/Annually
Job Type: Full Time, Casual
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 12
NOC Group: Dispatchers and Radio Operators (1475)
NOC Job Title: 911 Dispatcher
Expires in 12 days
Last Updated: 2021-09-14
Job Number: 696005
Saanich, British Columbia
WHO WE ARE
As a recognized leader in emergency communications, E-Comm is an organization that provides first responders and the public with critical life-safety services in communities across B.C. Our people are passionate about their work and public safety. We operate two emergency communications centres - one located in Vancouver and one in Saanich. E-Comm also provides integrated police and fire call taking and dispatch services to more than 70 police and fire departments and owns/operates the largest multi-jurisdictional, tri-service wide-area radio network in B.C. We are proud to serve communities across this beautiful province through our four operational and administrative locations in Vancouver, Burnaby and Saanich.
We're looking for people to join our team in helping to save lives and protect property - people who thrive on making a difference and embrace challenges, variety, diversity and our corporate values of respect, integrity, collaboration, accountability and service. Our 9-1-1 Emergency / Non-Emergency Call Takers provide a critical service that supports both public and first responder safety, and are the hidden back bone for the work that our first responders carry out in communities across British Columbia. They are often the first point of contact for the people who call 9-1-1 which gives you a chance to assist the public when they are facing a crisis and get them the help they need. They are responsible for receiving emergency and non-emergency calls, creating reports, and relaying information to dispatchers and appropriate services. Our 9-1-1 Emergency / Non-Emergency Call Takers work in our emergency communication centres – one located in Vancouver and one in Saanich, that operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to answer nearly 1.8 million calls annually.
- Location: Victoria/Saanich, BC
- Job status: We are looking for qualified applicants who are keen to start work as a 911 Emergency / Non-Emergency Call Taker in the next three to six months. Specific job terms to be confirmed.
- Job rate: PG 17 | $29.10 to $34.23 per hour; $58,263 - $68,530 per annum (2021 rates)
- Training rate: PG 15 | $26.86 per hour; $53,773 per annum (2021 rates)
- Hours of work: 4 on 4 off, 12-hour shifts
- Employee Group: CUPE, Local 8911
WHAT WE OFFER
- Meaningful work - work with a sense of purpose, supporting the public and first-responders.
- Competitive salary - with the opportunity for increases.
- Generous vacation plan.
- Excellent extended health and dental benefits.
- Employee Savings Plan - employer matched contributions to a savings account.
- Pension - we are members of the Municipal Pension Plan, a defined benefits fund.
- Career development - we are supportive in developing your skills while pursuing your career at E-Comm.
How to Apply