Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 4
NOC Group: Carpenters (7271)
NOC Job Title: Carpenter
Expires in 27 days
Last Updated: 2021-09-21
Job Number: 697379
Revelstoke, British Columbia
Straight Up Construction is a local Licensed Home Builder and General Contractor focused on new custom home construction and substantial renovations in the Revelstoke area.
As a custom builder, our team in involved in all aspects of the project. We have some amazing projects and invite you to join our team as we bring our client’s dreams into reality.
- Competitive wages, based on experience
- Work 4 days/40hrs a week
- Training, education and advancement opportunities
- Supportive culture
Who we're looking for
We are looking for trained Journeyman Carpenters to work on new builds and other construction projects we have.
You are a red seal carpenter/Journeyman Carpenter. You have excellent physical strength and endurance and work well with your hands in a fast paced environment. You have the ability to work well with others, but you are also able to work alone and still be able to stay on task. You can work well with labourers/apprentices and provide clear instructions and guidance when they need it. You're great at following instructions, adhering to safety rules and communicating well with others.
What the job entails
- Perform the full range of carpentry skills including formwork, framing, windows and doors, interior and exterior finishing, and more as required for each project.
- Plan and complete projects from initial layout to final assembly or installation.
- Select lumber, materials and additional supplies required to complete assigned work.
- Work from drawings, sketches, blue prints and your own knowledge of construction methods/techniques to complete projects.
- Provides advice and assistance to apprentices/labourers, as required.
- Be able to comfortably work at heights.
- Adapt to construction innovations with new technology and practices.
- Working quickly and efficiently without sacrificing safety or quality.
- Journeyman certificate/Red Seal or equivalent.
- Must be able to work legally in Canada (Work Permit/Visa etc).
- Punctual, reliable and professional.
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to travel to multiple worksites.
- Willing to perform physically demanding work.
- Participate in and adhere to Straight Up Construction’s Safety Program.
- Able to work in a team.
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Provide own steel toed boots.
- Provide own hand tools.
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR is an asset.
- Must be personable, able to work independently and as a team, and must possess strong communication skills.
- Respect for diversity; treat others with respect.
- Lean thinker – able and willing to make suggestions or improvements.
Interested applicants please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply