Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Light Duty Cleaners (6661)
NOC Job Title: Nursing Home Cleaner
Expires in 6 days
Last Updated: 2021-09-27
Job Number: 698445
5464 203rd Street,
Langley, British Columbia
V3A 0A4, Canada
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Administrator or an appointed supervisor delivers housekeeping, laundry and food services to the residents of the housing society.
1. Housekeeping: Cleans, washes and disinfects common areas (interior and exterior or units). Using manual and power equipment or tools includes sweeping, wet mopping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing, shampooing, waxing, washing walls, windows, bathrooms, washrooms, kitchen (common or private), entranceways and sidewalks.
2. Laundry: Washes, dries and folds laundry such as linens, towels, uniforms and personal laundry.
3. Food Services: Setting up dining areas, serving food and beverages, receives tickets for meals, cleans up after meals or functions. Under direction of chef or cook, makes tea and coffee, washes, peels and slices food items. Washes, scrubs and rinses pots/pans dishes and utensils by hand, dishwasher and pot washer.
4. Maintaining all equipment, by cleaning and replacing items as required. Reports all unsafe equipment, fixtures and furniture to supervisor. Ensures safe use of all supplies and equipment and maintains inventory supplies and related records as required. Collects and removes garbage and safe disposal of hazardous waste.
5. Reports any changes in behavior of residents to administrator.
6. Performs other related duties assigned.
· Food Safe Certificate
· Building Service Worker Certificate
· WHIMIS Certificate with recent related experience, or equivalent through education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Communicate clearly, verbally and in writing
· Carries out responsibilities with minimal supervision through proper planning and organization
· Works well with others within a team environment
· Understand philosophy and vision of the society as an affordable housing provider
Demonstrates diplomacy, empathy, patience and tact when working with residents and sta
Shift: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Shifts may include weekends and statutory holidays
Wage: $20.70 per hour
Proper personal protective equipment (mask, googles, and gloves) is provided and must be worn at all times.
Reference and criminal check will be performed upon offer of position.
• Benefit package and RSP matching after completion of 6 month probation period
• Permanent full time position
How to Apply