Commercial Truck Driver
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Truck Drivers (7411)
NOC Job Title: Driver, Long Haul
Expires in 0 days
Last Updated: 2021-09-27
Job Number: 698492
33725 Valley Road
Abbotsford, British Columbia
V2S 7V2, Canada
THE WHO & WHERE
T-Lane Transportation & Logistics, a national transportation and logistics company is looking for experienced and dedicated Class 1 company truck drivers' to join our remarkable driving team. With locations in Abbotsford, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal and Saint John, we have our client's covered across Canada and the United States. We believe that our Class 1 truck drivers' are the foundation of our business - without our drivers' we would be very limited in our capabilities.
Our current Class 1 drivers' are known for their hard work, supreme safety record and their solution based attitude.
Driving with T-Lane NATION is an ongoing adventure with a socially responsible company who cares about their drivers' well-being, provides top notch benefits, a competitive compensation package, health & wellness coaching and services, AND gives back to the community through many philanthropic initiatives.
If this sounds like a place you'd like to drive for, send us your resume today!
Transportation of ‘‘Freight of All Kinds’’ either long haul across the province or Canada and the United States, or short day trips around your local area.
- Responsible for completing pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Completion of driver logs
- Reporting any unsafe loads / equipment to the appropriate persons
- Communication with dispatch and safety departments, as required
- Willing and able to tarps loads, when needed
- Making safety conscious decisions
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to it's destination
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and notify our mechanics if their is repairs and maintenance to do
- Adhere to delivery schedules
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
Knowledge and Skills :
- Valid Class 1 License.
- Clean Driver’s ‘‘N’’ Abstract.
- Excellent Safety Record.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Able to tarp loads.
- Cognizant of NSC rules and regulations.
- Practical knowledge of Canadian Hours of Service.
- Able and willing to travel out of province, across Canada and into the United States.
- Team Player, Self-motivated, Strongly organized.
- Values social responsibility and being a part of the bigger picture.
- Minimum 3 Years over the road and winter driving experience.
- Flat and step deck experience would be considered an asset.
- Super B experience an asset.
- Experienced with tarping.
T-Lane offers our Class 1 drivers competitive wages with a full benefit package. Their equipment is well maintained with the service of in-house mechanics. With paid training and a reputation second to none, our client is guaranteed to be a great step in your driving career.
How to Apply