Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Land Survey Technologists and Technicians (2254)
NOC Job Title: Instrument Man/Woman - Surveying
Expires in 36 days
Last Updated: 2021-09-29
Job Number: 698980
323 City Centre
Kitimat, British Columbia
V8C 1T6, Canada
McElhanney is looking for a Survey Assistant to join our branch in Kitimat, BC. This is a great opportunity for a dedicated individual who enjoys working in the great outdoors, looking to gain hands on surveying experience. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of survey technicians and land surveyors on a variety of legal, topographic and construction surveys.
Learn more the benefits associated with living and working in Kitimat here.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Set-up and operation of conventional survey and GNSS equipment.
- Follow directives received from Field Supervisor or Party Chief to assist survey team.
- Prepare accurate field notes, when required.
- Clean and maintain equipment, maintain supplies, stock company vehicle, and ensure necessary physical resources are available in the field, with minimal supervision.
- May be required to use tools and equipment such as sledge hammer, shovel, metal detector and survey tripod to complete assigned tasks.
- May be required to use hand and power tools to clear line quickly and efficiently.
What You’ll Bring:
- High School diploma, technical school education and previous experience an asset, but not required.
- Physical ability to work in mountainous/forested/coastal terrain and remote areas
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to work in a variety of outdoor settings including wilderness/backcountry environment for extended periods and varied hours
- Willing to travel and able to work out of town on an as-needed basis (up to three weeks away at a time; sometimes more)
- Excellent attention to detail, attendance, judgment, and communication skills
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee- owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Our Purpose: Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.
How to Apply