Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Other Wood Processing Machine Operators (9434)
NOC Job Title: Grinding Machine Operator, Hardboard
Expires in 4 days
Last Updated: 2021-10-01
Job Number: 699347
Abbotsford, British Columbia
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: Woodtech
Industry Title: Other Wood Product Manufacturing (3219)
An established fully automated Planermill producing softwood lumber products for both local and export markets is looking for a Planer Operator/Technician. Recent upgrades in production capacity mean additional technical production staff are required to keep up with strong sales demand and expanded production goals.
To qualify for this position you must have experience using a modern high-speed planer to produce high quality lumber and appearance products with an emphasis on product quality, surface finish, machine reliability and steady paced efficiency. Although the existing production machinery is kept in top shape by other operators and a fully equipped Maintenance Department some basic machine maintenance skills focused on Planers is expected.
Beyond technical skills we are looking for a team player that can join a well-trained crew and contribute to the success of the operation through attention to detail and reliable dedication.
This is an ideal career position for a proven performer looking for steady employment and a supportive work environment.
- Daily duties of this position include planer tooling preparation, machine setup and full operation.
- When not actively working on the planer, this position may also be assigned to run related equipment as required to meet production requirements.
- If you have some planer related maintenance skills you may work with qualified millwrights to ensure maximum machine up time and overall performance.
- To fully qualify for this position you have a minimum of 2 years of experience operating a high speed planer running standard lumber profiles.
- We are looking for experience on a Stetson Ross, Yates, Woods, Coastal, Gilbert or similar high speed, North American style machine.
- Tooling selection, preparation and grinding skills are needed for this key position.
- Basic maintenance skills are ideal to help keep the machining centre running reliably.
Hours of Work:
This is a full time permanent position. Some flexibility in assigned shifts is required to meet production scheduling requirements.
Hourly wage levels are attractive and competitive. A very attractive benefits package is also included.
This is a secure position with a preferred employer in a low turnover operation. New employees can expect a substantial amount of support from co-workers, management and support staff to ensure they succeed in their efforts to transition to a new employment circumstance. If you are dissatisfied with your current employment and looking for a job that offers more than just a paycheck then take the time to apply and explore this opportunity further.
Please apply promptly with a current resume clearly outlining your capabilities. Phone, online/video and in person interviews (in a spacious area, to maintain safety) are ongoing until the position is filled – ideally in the next few weeks.
Please ensure that your contact information is up to date and complete so that we can contact you directly to schedule an interview. Resumes, and all interviews, are held in confidence. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application to be considered for this position.
How to Apply