Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Labourers in Chemical Products Processing and Utilities (9613)
NOC Job Title: Weigh Scale Attendant, Landfill
Expires in 4 days
Last Updated: 2021-10-01
Job Number: 699508
8081 Meadow Ave
Burnaby, British Columbia
V3N 2V9, Canada
At ABC Recycling, we exist to preserve the world's resources and build thriving communities by accelerating metal recycling. Through four generations we have built many long-standing relationships in the communities in which we work, and by treating our employees like family. We offer a variety of rewarding career opportunities, a wide range of benefits such as competitive pay and a comprehensive employee benefit package.
To find out more about what makes ABC a great place to work, please watch this short video https://spark.adobe.com/video/7z51IouKj9BHS or visit our website (www.abcrecycling.com) and follow us on social media.
ABC Recycling Ltd. is looking for a Scale Operator to be based out of our Burnaby, B.C. location. As the first line of service for our customers visiting our busy Burnaby facility, the Scale Operator is responsible for weighing and grading incoming scrap loads, directing customers to the appropriate areas for unloading in the yard, and processing payments.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess exceptional customer service skills, be able to work in high stress/fast paced work environments and want to learn about the daily operation of the scrap metal industry. Knowledge about the various types of metals will be considered an asset.
- Greets customers and record their relevant information for processing in a professional and friendly manner
- Processes customer payment tickets using various payment methods
- Prepares paperwork for outbound shipments
- Communicates to yard staff via two-way radio
- Identifies and grade materials at Truck Scale
- Tracks and monitors all incoming containers for accurate invoicing
- Document control, data entry, and file maintenance
- Coordinates with office personnel to ensure accurate and timely documentation of all purchasing transactions
- Maintains a clean and presentable office environment
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers and other employees required.
- Experienced using POS systems and or Enterprise software
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Willingness to learn about buying/selling
- Positive attitude, customer service orientation, and a want to help people
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and under pressure
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
WHY WORK FOR ABC RECYCLING?
- Extended health & dental benefits, with a healthcare spending account (HSA)
- Group RRSP with employer matching
- Paid volunteer charity days
- Employee recognition programs including milestones and Awards of Excellence
- Training, mentorships, and opportunities for advancement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee engagement activities
*We are an equal opportunity employer and thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply