Long Term Care Operations Manager (PV954)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Technical Training
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Senior Managers - Health, Education, Social and Community Services and Membership Organizations (0014)
NOC Job Title: General Manager - Health, Education, Social And Community Services And Membership Organizations
Expires in 12 days
Last Updated: 2021-10-13
Job Number: 701483
Kamloops, British Columbia
Long Term Care Operations Manager - LPN or Registered Nurse
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Long Term Care Operations Manager with ability to travel & a passion for the elderly to join our team. The Operation's Manager will oversee multiple Long Term Care Facilities within the Interior & will be required to travel within the region. This position will be required to hold a provincial Licensed Practical Nurse Registration or Registered Nurse Registration.
- With flexibility to work as needed
Operations Manager Must Haves:
- Current nursing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Holds First Aide & CPR Level A
- Occupational First Aid (Level 1)
- Holds a valid Class 5 Driver's License
- 5+ years of recent related experience in a geriatric setting, including three years at a management level
- Ability to work flexible hours as required (monitoring of evening and night shift and weekends).
- Ability to travel within the region.
- Proficiency with Health Informatics systems such as Minimum Data Set (MDS), Gold Care or Point Click Care, eMar.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
Operations Manager Nice to Haves:
- Accreditation experience is an asset.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- Competitive Salary of $85,000 annually.
- 4 weeks vacation and 10 days of sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- Company car, with all travel expense covered.
- 100% company paid Extended Health & Dental package that includes Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Internal opportunities for growth and development, since we believe in promoting from within.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Compliance Department for any audit findings and assist with the improvements that need to be made.
- Deliver, coordinate and/or facilitate training to staff, supervisors and management (when required).
- Assist managers and facilities with Accreditation, when required.
- Ensure site managers perform monthly audits and monthly reports.
- Provide recommendations to the client’s management team for repair or replacement of equipment/furnishings where they may pose a safety concern.
- Work closely with Facility Managers to develop and achieve annual initiatives.
- Lead and mentor Facility Managers to ensure compliance with current legislation, WCB requirements, regulatory agencies, industry contracts, financial budgets and company policies and procedures.
- Administer policies and procedures in an equitable manner.
- Support on-site management in the development and implementation of care initiatives.
- Be proactive in ensuring the achievement of facility goals and objectives.
- Lead company initiatives and endeavor to enhance our position as an industry leader.
- Provide coverage for Facility Managers when they are not in their respective site office as agreed within the respective contract for services specific to the site.
How to Apply