Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Accounting and Related Clerks (1431)
NOC Job Title: Finance Clerk
Expires in 9 days
Last Updated: 2021-10-14
Job Number: 701888
Burnaby, British Columbia
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
The Junior Accountant assists the Accounting Team by processing, reconciling, generating reports and providing other related support in order to ensure that all relevant activity related to month end is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Prepares corporate CAD and USD bank reconciliations including the reconciliations of payments to invoices.
- Provides support for accounts payable processing, including processing invoices, following up with vendors and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Prepares documents, processes and reconciles internal (inter-co company) and external accounts.
- Assists with the preparation of month end accounting reconciliations and month end accounting binders.
- Maintains systems for invoice approval, authorization, processing and distribution of payments.
- Assists in preparing reports and compiling documentation for external financial and regulatory audit requests.
- Ensures accounting files are organized and updated.
- Assists with banking administrations and ad-hoc accounting oriented functions and formalities, as requested.
- Responds to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders. If an inquiry requires other assistance, redirects it to the attention of the appropriate party.
What You Bring
- General knowledge of accounting and finance theories, practices, tax, legislation and resources
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, efficient and willing to take initiatives
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheets (MS Excel), and accounting software, experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse customer group
- Ability to aid in defining and solving problems; able to collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Ability to perform efficiently in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
How to Apply