Accounts Payable Coordintor
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Accounting and Related Clerks (1431)
NOC Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Expires in 9 days
Last Updated: 2021-10-13
Job Number: 701895
Burnaby, British Columbia
- Handles the daily processing of corporate invoices and employee expenses; verifies that all required approvals have been obtained.
- Monitors the AP mailbox daily, responds to vendors as required, or redirects to the appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates with internal stakeholders to obtain the required information for processing invoices on a timely basis.
- Prepares cheque/electronic payments to third parties and ensures appropriate delivery. Manages the weekly cheque runs for multiple sites within a jurisdiction; facilitates urgent payments as required.
- Performs necessary account reconciliations to ensure AP records are aligned with vendor statements.
- Preserves and organizes appropriate AP documentation.
- Processes credit card expenses and employee expense reports; delivers monthly statements and coordinates with sites to ensure reconciliations are received for processing on a timely basis.
- Processes month-end closing reports and official procedures.
- Coordinates and facilitates the processing of monthly rental invoices and payments.
- Prepares and delivers bank deposits on a timely basis.
- Ensures that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Responsible for general administrative duties related to finance and takes on other duties or responsibilities as required.
What You Bring
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role within an accounting department and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or business administration preferred.
- Experience with Great Plains preferred.
- Ability to handle and perform large account reconciliations preferred.
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable theories, practices, legislation and resources.
- Strong ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to plan, organize, and effectively manage multiple priorities and demands.
- Ability to define and solve problems; collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy, resourceful, and efficient.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of spreadsheets, data based software, accounting software, email and web browsers.
- Ability to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Solid customer service skills including ability to communicate effectively with a diverse customer group.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
How to Apply