Licensed Practical Nurse
Salary: $27.50 - $29.50/Hourly
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Licensed Practical Nurses (3233)
NOC Job Title: L.P.N. (Licensed Practical Nurse)
Expires in 76 days
Last Updated: 2021-10-20
Job Number: 702682
12302 Powell Street
Mission, British Columbia
V4S 1C1, Canada
We are looking for a gentle, kindhearted individual who loves working with children, to take care of our sweet and happy 9 year old son with a very rare and complex condition. The position to be filled is for 18 - 48 hours/week, based on your preference.
Our son needs assistance with all activities of daily living, such as feeding, bathing, and playing. The successful applicant should be comfortable with complex care related tasks such as seizure management, and gj-tube feeding. Furthermore, the successful applicant should be comfortable with performing additional daily tasks such as doing inventory, doing our son's laundry, going on walks with him etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduate from a recognized LPN nursing program, current practicing status with BCCNP. Paediatric and/or palliative care nursing experience preferred, but will train. BIPAP training provided.
- Gentle and kindhearted individual with an open mind.
- Demonstrated clinical competence.
- Knowledge of both pediatric and palliative care principles.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to
interact with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to effectively identify and solve problems.
- Ability to operate/maintain related equipment and devices.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position, which include lifting,
transferring and moving a child in a safe manner.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Current CPR-C Certificate
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
How to Apply