Licensed Practical Nurse (nights)
Salary: $28.50 - $33.00/Hourly
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Licensed Practical Nurses (3233)
NOC Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.)
Expires in 29 days
Last Updated: 2022-01-04
Job Number: 702697
12302 Powell Street
Mission, British Columbia
V4S 1C1, Canada
We are looking for a gentle, kindhearted individual, to take care of our sweet and happy 9 year old son with a rare and complex condition. The position to be filled is for anywhere in between 9 - 36 hours/week (1 - 4 nights), depending on your preference.
Our son needs assistance with all activities of daily living. This position is primarily to monitor our son while he is sleeping, and tending to his needs while doing so (i.e. diaper changes, BIPAP mask adjustments, management of secretions, administering medications etc.). The successful applicant should be comfortable with complex care related tasks such as seizure management, and gj-tube feeding. Furthermore, the successful applicant should be comfortable with performing additional related tasks such as doing our son's laundry, stocking supplies, administrative duties etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduate from a recognized LPN nursing program, current practicing status with BCCNP. Paediatric and/or palliative care nursing experience, and experience with BIPAP machines preferred, but will train.
- Gentle and kindhearted individual with an open mind.
- Demonstrated clinical competence.
- Knowledge of both pediatric and palliative care principles.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to
interact with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to effectively identify and solve problems.
- Ability to operate/maintain related equipment and devices.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position, which include lifting,
transferring and moving a child in a safe manner.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Current CPR-C Certificate
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
How to Apply