Single Site Recreation Level 2 - Nanaimo Seniors Village
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Other Assisting Occupations in Support of Health Services (3414)
NOC Job Title: Activity Worker
Expires in 77 days
Last Updated: 2021-10-19
Job Number: 702831
6089 Uplands Drive
Nanaimo Seniors Village
Nanaimo, British Columbia
V9V 1W1, Canada
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Recreation Manager or designate, assists in the planning, implementing and evaluation of activity programs to meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and cultural needs and interests of the residents/tenants.
Include but not limited to;
- Assists in the development of recreation and leisure services including program research development, implementation and evaluation as required.
- Carries out established recreation programs including, but not limited to, outings, exercises, crafts, social events, entertainment, games, music, etc.
- Assists in the completion and posting of monthly calendars and newsletters outlining programs and services available to residents/tenants and families as required.
- Assists in the co-ordination of external groups to provide in-house programs as required.
- Assists residents to, during, and from programs as required.
- Assists, encourages, and motivates residents/tenants to participate in social, spiritual, physical, mental and cultural recreational activities.
- Observes and reports any changes in residents/tenants to supervisor and/or nurse.
- A two year Recreation or equivalent Diploma; or at a minimum a Residential Care Aide with a Recreation/Activity Certificate.
- Experience in a senior’s focused environment preferred, Dementia course an asset.
- Basic First Aid Certificate (Current).
- Serving It Right Certificate (Current).
- Food Safe Course or equivalent (Current).
- Valid Class 4 (Unrestricted) BC Drivers License as required.
- All successful applicants must pass the vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check applicable to Provincial guidelines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills including Word, Publisher, and Outlook.
How to Apply