Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Other Trades Helpers and Labourers (7612)
NOC Job Title: Chemical Process Equipment Mechanic Helper
Expires in 4 days
Last Updated: 2021-10-19
Job Number: 702910
120 8600 Glenlyon Parkway
Burnaby, British Columbia
V5J 0B6, Canada
AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada. Our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
General Labourer – Burnaby, BC
AGAT Laboratories is currently looking for a General Labourer to join our team in our Burnaby, BC location. The successful candidate will provide general labor activities and tasks, to support the client services, warehouse and logistics groups. This is a great opportunity for someone starting out where they will gain valuable experience and direction in a laboratory setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in the warehouse/logistics area, ensure packages/cylinders are handled safely and in proper place.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area including cleaning and washing
· Follow standard operating procedures.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Perform quality checks as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Previous work experience in a lab setting, warehouse or general labour would be considered an asset.
- Ability to lift up to 22kg (50 lbs) on a consistent basis.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within a fast-paced work environment.
- Hand-Eye coordination and attention to detail.
- Mature work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Problem solving, communication, organization, and time management.
- Commitment to the production of accurate and timely results.
- Must be able to wear PPE properly.
This position requires a person to walk, stand and lift throughout the shift in a laboratory environment. Manual dexterity is required to perform repetitive tasks. This position requires standing for extended periods of time. The position may require frequent lifting. The laboratory/warehouse environment can be quite warm. Steel-Toed boots are required PPE.
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AGAT Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the hiring manager of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
How to Apply