Community Support Worker
Salary: $21.63 - $25.19/Hourly
Job Type: Part Time, Casual
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 5
NOC Group: Community and Social Service Workers (4212)
NOC Job Title: Group Home Worker
Expires in 29 days
Last Updated: 2021-10-20
Job Number: 703280
330 Kinver Street
Esquimalt, British Columbia
V9A 6B8, Canada
Vinge is a CARF Accredited organization that specializes in offering support to Individuals with complex medical and/ or behavior needs. Through our Mission & Vision statement we seek to empower the individuals we support to achieve their goals and to challenge personal barriers on a daily basis.
Vinge offers full benefits upon meeting eligibility requirements, and exciting opportunities to grow within. We have several positions available for the right candidates who possess all the necessary job qualifications.
The successful candidate would be responsible for assisting the persons in their home and community to work towards their goals, teaching life skills, community integration and social skills to assist with their daily living. Light household duties, medication administration and personal care are also required.
- Experience and understanding of Mental Health and Challenging Behaviours
- Demonstrated ability to work with adults with behavioural, social, emotional and mental health/psychiatric issues
- Ability to create a meaningful routine
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Experience creating independence vs. creating dependence
- Following health care/behavioural plans
- Completing daily documentation on a Microsoft platform database
- Implementing personal protocols, schedules, and activities
- Accompanying/transporting individuals to appointments and activities in the community
- Ability to encourage, motivate and involve client in community activities.
- Proven ability to develop rapport with adults in a variety of contexts.
- Able to self-start, make judgment calls, and create new models/programs as needed
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with non-verbal individuals with complex physical and/or developmental disabilities
Must be able to complete and follow routines and household schedule as directed by the Program Coordinator
- Graduate of a social science program and/or subsequent experience in the field
- MUST HAVE Class 5 BC Drivers’ License and reliable vehicle preferred
- Ability to obtain Class 4 BC Driver’s License
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Criminal record check clearance
- TB test clearance
- Doctor’s Note of Fitness
- Food Safe
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR
Vinge is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate against age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Only applicants who are within Canada may apply.
How to Apply