Housekeeper (WC495) - Langley Gardens
Job Type: Part Time, Casual
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Technical Training
Positions Available: 3
NOC Group: Visiting Homemakers, Housekeepers and Related Occupations (6471)
NOC Job Title: Housekeeper
Expires in 3 days
Last Updated: 2021-10-21
Job Number: 703561
8888 202 Street
Langley, British Columbia
V1M 4A7, Canada
Housekeeper - Langley Gardens
WestCana is looking for strong, experienced Casual Housekeeper with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
- Casual - Sunday - Saturday 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Casual - 6:30am - 2:30pm, 37.5 / week
- Provides personal laundry services for care residents in accordance with established work routines.
- Adheres to Infection Control Practices.
- All safety rules and safe work procedures are adhered to at all times. Reporting all hazards, incidents, near misses and workplace injuries to the manager immediately and in writing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Housekeeper Must Haves:
- Maintains WHMIS certification.
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
Housekeeper Nice to Haves:
- Building Service Worker Certificate, Institutional Aide Certificate and/or Basic Food Safe Certificate.
- Institutional cleaning experience.
What WestCana will offer you:
- A competitive salary of $20.66/hour
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
How to Apply