NDT Technician Level 2 (926736)
Salary: $45.00 - $55.00/Hourly
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Technical Training
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Non-Destructive Testers and Inspectors (2261)
NOC Job Title: Non-Destructive Test Technician
Expires in 46 days
Last Updated: 2022-01-04
Job Number: 705867
Kelowna, British Columbia
V1P 1A1, Canada
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: N/A
Industry Title: Architectural, Engineering, and Related Services (5413)
If you are an NDT Technician who enjoys working on a diverse portfolio, is self driven and loves to travel for work, this job is for you!
Our client is an innovative leader in asset management of large-scale power transmission equipment for heavy industry such as mineral processing, cement, and pulp/paper. They are considered experts in engineering, design, manufacture, installation, inspection, and maintenance of power transmissions and structural components for mills, kilns, driers, and crushers.
They are seeking a Level 2 Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Technician who has experience in inspecting mobile and lifting equipment. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this role will be responsible for a wide variety of non-destructive testing methods to detect discontinuities in objects of various compositions and materials on their job sites. Our client actively participates with the Mining Industry Human Resources Council (MiHR) to support a strong workforce.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that invests in innovation, diversity, and the latest technology. So don’t wait; give us a call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or apply online today!
Salary: $45/hr – $55/hr depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and RRSP matching program after probationary period.
- Must be able to travel internationally approximately 60%-80% of the time depending on where you are located.
- Preference will be given to candidates that have experience in inspecting Mobile and Lifting equipment.
- Preference will be given to candidates that hold valid API certification.
- Experience using NDT techniques, procedures, and equipment in heavy industry environment.
- Mining experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to perform inspections and to interpret results.
- Knowledge of applicable industrial codes and standards.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Valid passport and driver’s license with abstract.
- Only those holding current valid CGSB certifications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform various Non-Destructive Tests to ensure quality and/or detect defects using various NDT methods in diverse settings that include all operating areas of the site.
- Record and evaluate inspection results.
- Ability to select the NDT method and technique for a specific inspection, prepare and verify the adequacy of procedures.
- Set up and calibrate non-destructive testing equipment.
- Produce accurate, timely reports based on customer needs.
- Other duties as required.
- Travel is required, must be able to access an airport.
- Medical, drug & alcohol testing plus a full criminal background check may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime and weekend work as required.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- Physical ability to lift to 75lb.
- Will be required to work in mining, plant environments using PPE.
- Valid passport and the ability to obtain work visas.
- Due to travel requirements and federal regulations, employees may need to show proof of vaccination for COVID-19.
We work with multiple employers. If this is not the right job for you, please send us your resumes for other opportunities that may become available.
How to Apply