Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Technical Training
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Bakers (6252)
NOC Job Title: Baker
Expires in 36 days
Last Updated: 2021-11-05
Job Number: 706791
4221 Dunbar St
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6S 2G1, Canada
2150 Dollarton Hwy
North Vancouver, British Columbia
V7H 0B5, Canada
Stong’s is a full service retail grocery store, established in 1910 in Toronto by the Stong Brothers, Carson, and Joseph. We are 100% BC owned and operated. At Stong’s Market, we offer a wide selection of products – far more than your average grocery store. We carry all major national brands as well as an extensive selection of unique, gourmet, natural, and organic products. We pride ourselves on being local and in turn support local suppliers large and small.
Whether it’s your first job or you’re ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for a career in grocery retail.
As part of our “Knead” bakery team, you will be responsible for ensuring that we always deliver the highest standards of products while providing exceptional customer service.
An interest in Baking is a must, we are willing to train the right person with a desire to learn.
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills
- Prepares and bakes items in time for store opening
- Prepares a variety of bakery products in accordance with Stong’s recipes and high standards in order to produce a superior quality product that satisfies customers’ expectation
- Prioritizes tasks
- Multitasks efficiently and effectively
- Maintains cleanliness of work area
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Friendly disposition
- Customer service focused
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high-volume environment
- Willing to work early mornings, daytime, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Willing to learn
- Frequent lifting of up to 20 pounds
- Frequent hand coordination, bending pushing, pulling, and twisting
- Occasional lifting of between 20-50 lbs including waist level and low level lifts
- Constant standing, walking, gripping, reaching
- Early morning Shifts may be required
How to Apply: Feel free to pop by either of our locations and speak to one of the managers on duty. You can also apply online at stongs.com/careers with the form to the right or email your resume, position, hours availability, and preferred location to email@example.com.
How to Apply