Senior Software Developer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 20
NOC Group: Software Engineers and Designers (2173)
NOC Job Title: Software Engineer
Expires in 21 days
Last Updated: 2021-11-19
Job Number: 709690
2015 Main Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
V5T 3C2, Canada
Freetrade is looking for a Senior Software Developer to become a key member of our new & growing Vancouver Development team. You will take responsibility for the end to end delivery of complex features whilst demonstrating a passion for autonomous problem solving and scaling our next generation user-centric product!
- Lead on the end-to-end process for development projects and new features from design → development → post-production including having an aptitude for software validation.
- Collaborate frequently with an emphasis on sharing knowledge through team discussions & workshops whilst developing and mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Set the standards for code reviews across the business and general software development best practices.
- Follow and continually improve upon our coding documentation and company development standards.
- Thrive in an on-call environment and be the escalation point for high priority issues with the ability to triage and escalate when necessary.
- Be an excellent judge of future talent for Freetrade helping us achieve our bold expansion objectives by taking part (and sometimes leading) technical interviews ensuring a consistent bar is met.
- Constantly assess the development landscape looking for opportunities to increase efficiencies across the development team.
- A stickler for detail with a passion for building reliable software that puts its users first.
- Flexible in tool selection; you’re an SME for technologies you are well versed in whilst promoting the idea of using the right tool for the right job and you're confident across our stack.
- You have demonstrable experience in delivering product focused software used by 1000s of people every day.
- Highly proficient within at least one area of engineering with the versatility to understand the wider challenges.
- You spot opportunities for improvements which unblock wider teams / improve delivery capabilities.
About our environment:
We use serverless technologies such as Firestore, Cloud Composer, and Stackdriver, to build a reliable and performant platform. We use the real-time database, cloud functions and other features like pub/sub to provide a frictionless investment platform.
This is a high visibility environment where you will make a direct positive impact on customer experience and the business. If you enjoy broadening your technical skills, building a new product, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this is the job for you!
How to Apply