Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Upholsterers (7341)
NOC Job Title: Upholsterer
Expires in 71 days
Last Updated: 2021-11-29
Job Number: 711242
12677 80 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3W 3A6, Canada
Jas Sewing Centre DBA Foam & Home Decor is looking for a permannet and full-tim Upholsterer to join them at Unit 101-12677 80 Avenue, Surrey, B.C. V3W 3A6. (Even though this is a full-time position, part-time job seekers are encouraged to apply). Salary is $25/hr and 40 hours per week.
- Discuss upholstery fabric, colour, and style with customers and provide cost estimate for upholstering furniture or other items
- Lay out, measure and cut upholstery materials according to sketches or design specifications
- Replace worn-out webbing, springs and other furniture parts using hand and power tools
- Operate sewing machines or sew upholstery materials by hand to seam cushions and join sections of covering materials
- Install padding and underlays and fasten covering materials to furniture frames
- Tack, glue or sew ornamental trim, braids or buttons on upholstered items
- Lay out, cut, fabricate and install upholstery in aircrafts, motor vehicles, railway cars, boats and ships
- May repair furniture frames and refinish wood surfaces
- May make upholstery patterns from sketches, customer descriptions or blueprints
- May install, fabricate, maintain and repair interior components of aircraft, such as seats, coverings, drapes, cargo nets, flooring, closets, bins and panels.
Completion of secondary school is required. Completion of college or other specialized courses or an apprenticeship program in furniture upholstering and repair or 1-2 years of on-the-job training, including working as an upholsterer helper are usually required. Company will also provide training.
How to apply:
Email resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply