B.C. EMPLOYER TRAINING GRANT: APPLICATION UPDATES
29 June 2022
In response to public feedback, significant improvements were made to the B.C. Employer Training Grant (ETG) application and reimbursement process. Changes went into effect on June 1, 2022.
The program update includes:
- One set of simplified criteria for all applicants — eliminating the need to choose between different streams.
- One reimbursement amount of 80 per cent for eligible expenses up to $10,000 per participant, per fiscal year.
- One online application — no need to complete a separate business case.
- Fewer requirements to receive payment.
- All employers remain eligible for up to $300,000 per fiscal year (April 1 – March 31).
These changes have simplified the grant application, making it easier for B.C. businesses to access funding needed to train and upskill their workforce, including prospective new hires.
What is the B.C. Employer Training Grant?
The grant program was developed to address shifting labour market priorities by helping employers and their workforce access skills training.
The B.C. Employer Training Grant helps employers cover the cost of training, which in turn helps employees experience increased job security and advancement opportunities.
The program provides funding to small, medium and large enterprises. However, priority is given to first-time applicants, small businesses, as well as applicants from regions and industries experiencing challenges attracting and keeping skilled workers.
The program is delivered by the Province of British Columbia and is funded by the Government of Canada through the Workforce Development Agreement.
Are you a B.C. business interested in applying? Get started by reviewing the steps for receiving a grant