DISCOVER SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
15 August 2022
In 2021, the Federal Government released a new model for foundational and transferable skills, now known as Skills for Success. The new and improved terminology helps business owners, employees, job seekers and students identify the skills they need to succeed in the Canadian labour market.
The new changes include:
- The addition of two new skills: Adaptability and Creativity & Innovation.
- Digital now includes a broader understanding of the different software, devices and digital platforms used in workplaces.
- Communication has been expanded to include other forms of communication, such as non-verbal.
- Collaboration has replaced Working with Others to be more inclusive.
- Problem Solving has replaced Thinking Skills to be more comprehensive.
Check out the new Skills for Success and Literacy
page to learn how these skills can help you in your job search, support the development and application of employee training programs or inform future career decisions.