Job Posting API
WorkBC offers a publicly available job posting application programming interface (API). The API service provides the ability to request, filter and access live job posting data powered by the WorkBC Job Board.
The service, including all support documentation, is accessible in the B.C. Data Catalogue. The API is an open service with no requirement for registration.
API consumers can easily request all current job posting data, or filter the dataset based on a series of parameters:
- Region – filters results for the selected region (Vancouver Island/Coast, Mainland/Southwest, Thompson-Okanagan, Kootenay, Cariboo, North Coast, Nechako, Northeast)
- City – filters results for the selected B.C. city
- Job type – filters results for one or more job types (full-time, part-time, contract, student, casual, seasonal, temporary, permanent, co-op, apprenticeship)
- B.C. Major Project – filters results to include only job postings tied to a Major Project
- Last request date – allows consumers to call the API periodically and receive only the updated job posting data
The API provides a subset of the job posting information available on WorkBC. However, a direct URL link for the full job posting details is included as one of the API’s response fields. The API’s response data fields include:
- Job ID (unique ID of the job posting)
- WorkBC URL
- Job record type (update or delete)
- Job title
- Employer name
- Job description (abbreviated to 500 characters)
- Job location – city, region, province
- Posted Date
- Expiry Date
- Job Type
- B.C. Major Project name
Jobs posted directly on WorkBC are available in English through the API. Job postings displayed on WorkBC but obtained from other sources are not included.
We want to hear from you
If you are already accessing WorkBC’s free API service and would like to give us feedback—or you would like to start using the API service to display WorkBC jobs on your website and have questions—please contact us. We welcome any general inquiries or feedback. You can reach us at the WorkBC Contact Centre.
Job postings are only available in English.
Consumers are responsible for managing all aspects of use of the data provided through this API service. This includes removing expired job postings from their system after the expiry date and removal of job postings that are flagged as ‘deleted’.
When the API is available, it will be monitored during standard business hours Monday to Friday (8:30 AM to 16:30 PM) Pacific Standard time.
Notifications will be provided on this website that may impact this service; e.g. planned outages, new releases, etc.
Best efforts will be made to publish notifications of any change and update documentation related to the change.