Find an educational program
Use these resources to navigate B.C.’s post-secondary options and choose the institutions or programs you need:
- EducationPlannerBC – Search for programs at B.C. post-secondary institutions based on your interests, type of credential and other factors.
- The Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training – Find information to help choose a program or institution. Information is also available on how to be an informed student.
- The Industry Training Authority – Get information on more than 100 apprenticeship programs that can lead you to a career as a trades worker or technician.
- The Private Training Institutions Branch – Find information on programs offered at over 300 private training institutions.
- BC Transfer Guide – Find out how to get credit at one institution for a course you took at another institution.
- Distance education – Stay in your own community and continue your education full or part time through online or distance education. On EducationPlannerBC, use "distance education" as a search term to discover programs and courses at post-secondary institutions across the province. You can also visit the distance education section of the institutional website of your choice to explore online and distance education options. You might also check out Thompson Rivers University Open Learning, which has a mandate to serve the open learning needs of the province.
- Adult upgrading – Upgrade or complete high school level courses to give yourself more options, such as for work opportunities or furthering your education. Learn about adult graduation, free assessments or tutoring and other possibilities.
- UpgradeBC – Use the tool to find a post-secondary institution or school near you that offers tuition-free upgrading courses.
- Co-operative education – Many public post-secondary institutions offer co-operative (“co-op”) education programs, which let you integrate paid, relevant work experience with your program of study.
- Prospective Students Guide – Plan ahead for the next step based on your interests, finances and other factors.