Youth and Equity Seeking Groups in Trades
This program delivers training and supports for youth and equity seeking groups to reduce barriers and secure employment in the trades.
Unemployed or precariously employed British Columbians that:
- self-identify as women and/or Indigenous people, and other individuals from an equity seeking group, which refers to recent immigrants, 2SLGBTQ+ people, visible minorities, and others who are under-represented, and/or may have experienced discrimination or oppression, in trades-related occupations; and/or
- youth, between the ages of 15 and 29 who are not a full-time student; and/or
- current, or former, Youth in Care; and/or
- individuals with incomplete education; and/or
- individuals with a history of addictions and substance abuse.
Participants receive employment assistance services to prepare to enter or re-enter the workforce, skills training, and additional or specialized supports such as mentorship, apprenticeship opportunities, transportation and equipment.
Find programs by B.C. region: