Grow your business with WorkBC.ca
31 July 2017
Looking for local talent, but unsure of where to start?
has one of British Columbia’s largest job boards. As of July 2017, WorkBC.ca has approximately 20,000 job postings, 47,000 registered employers and 124,000 registered job seekers. Using the WorkBC Job Board, employers can create employer accounts to post jobs for free
and find the right people to help their businesses grow.
Scott Plastics, an innovative manufacturer from Sidney, recently used the WorkBC Job Board to fill a vacancy requiring a very specific and rare skill set. Scott Plastics Ltd. utilized several well-known employment websites to post technical job openings: "We turned to the WorkBC website as an alternative to commercially available services,” says Robert Ashbourne, CFO of Scott Plastics. “The WorkBC account creation process was easy, job posting layout and listing requirements were relevant, the level of service was outstanding and the posting was free for employers…. In the future, we plan to utilize the WorkBC website again to find and engage job seekers."
In addition to posting jobs for free on the WorkBC Job Board, employers also use a range of other WorkBC.ca online employer resources:
- Industry and Sector Information – Investigate B.C. industries and find out what’s ahead to 2027.
- Your Workforce – Tap into key resources to access B.C.’s rich and diverse workforce and accomplish human resources and business goals.
- Skills Training – Learn about programs and funding to help employees develop the essential skills they need to do a great job.
- Funding & Programs – Take advantage of grant, loan and incentive opportunities to position a business for success.
- Business Resources – Find resources, tools and information to promote business success.
- Canada-B.C. Job Grant – Learn about this cost-sharing program that helps employers invest in training for their current or future employees.
- Success Stories – Find inspiring stories from other B.C. businesses. Learn how they obtained funding, found great employees and grew their businesses.
To learn more, we invite you to read: