Technical occupations in geomatics include aerial survey, remote sensing, geographic information systems, cartographic and photogrammetric technologists and technicians:
- gather, analyze, interpret and use geospatial information for applications in natural resources, geology, environmental research and land use planning.
- work for all levels of government, utilities, mapping, computer software, forestry, architectural, engineering and consulting firms and other related establishments.
Meteorological technologists and technicians:
- observe weather and atmospheric conditions,
- record, interpret, transmit and report on meteorological data,
- provide weather information to the agricultural, natural resources and transportation industries and the public.
- work for all levels of government, the media, natural resources, utilities and transportation companies and consulting firms.