Elementary school and kindergarten teachers teach basic subjects such as reading, writing and arithmetic or specialized subjects like second language instruction.
People in this occupation:
- work at both public and private elementary schools
- work in a challenging and rewarding environment
- must have excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to inspire their students
- must be flexible, patient and able to empathize with students
- must also have the ability to teach students with a variety of learning abilities and needs