Graphic arts technicians help conceptualize projects; interpret design specifications or sketches; prepare page mock-ups, layouts and lettering; and prepare production materials for press, electronic or multimedia publishing.
People in this occupation:
- work for publishing, communications, advertising, marketing, printing and multimedia establishments, and for television and film production companies
- may be self-employed
- should be creative and enjoy careful, precise work
- must possess organizational and communication skills
- must be able to work to deadline
- should have strong computer skills