Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants Program
Provides services to help immigrants find skilled employment in B.C. that uses the education and experience they bring to Canada. Customized to participant needs, including support specific to in-demand occupations.
Employment bridging for immigrants:
- Assessment of skills, qualifications and experience
- Information, advice and guidance to help build a career plan
- Information on how to look for work and on Canadian workplace culture
- Language skills and upgrading of other skills required by employers in the industry
- Certification requirements for regulated occupations and connections with regulatory agencies
- Hands-on workplace experience through practicums, temporary employment, mentoring and other approaches
- Financial support to help with necessary upgrading
Visit WelcomeBC for information about this program, eligibility, and the locations it is offered.