(last updated July 20, 2021)
To enhance service delivery and to support the province’s economic recovery, the Employer Training Grant (ETG) has made the following changes for training with start dates of September 1, 2021 or later:
Upcoming Changes (Summer/Fall 2021)
- The ETG will only support training delivered by B.C.-based training providers, unless there are exceptional circumstances (for example, if the training being delivered is not available in B.C.).
- The C19 Impacted Worker Training stream has been updated to reflect the 10 industries experiencing the greatest employment challenges due to COVID-19.
- Criteria language has been updated to improve clarity across all streams. Applicants are encouraged to review updated stream criteria before applying. For example, individual university courses that form part of a diploma or degree program are ineligible.
- Eligible travel modes listed in Appendix C of ETG eligibility criteria have been updated to support options that are most economical.
- Travel reimbursement rates have been increased.
- Some coaching may be permitted as an instructional method.
- To ensure participants meet eligibility requirements, the ETG will require all Participant Information Forms to be uploaded before an application can be submitted.