When you’re hiring for your business, consider the benefits of hiring an apprentice in the skilled trades. Employers across Canada told the Canadian Apprenticeship Forum that:
- Apprenticeship is an effective way to recruit and keep talent.
- Apprentices are motivated, skilled and eager to learn. They have better health and safety performance, make fewer mistakes and offer greater overall productivity than untrained employees.
- Apprentices bring knowledge of the latest tools and techniques through their current training.
- Apprentices learn your business first. That means they learn the way you do things and the unique, specialized skills that best serve your business.
- A worker who has apprenticed with your company will fit in and build long-term relationships with your customers.
- Apprenticeship builds your workforce and prepares you for the retirement of older workers.
- Employers with apprentices enjoy higher sales and profits. They receive a return on investment (ROI) of $1.47 for every $1 they invest in apprenticeship training.
Learn more! Visit the Canadian Apprenticeship Forum Employer Toolkit for a range of useful resources.
When you hire an apprentice, you’ll also be able to reduce your costs through a variety of B.C. Provincial and Federal tax credits.
For details on hiring an apprentice, visit the employer
pages at the SkilledTradesBC