Supervisors in mining and quarrying supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in mining operations of underground and surface mines and quarries.
People in this occupation:
- work for coal, metal and non-metallic industrial mineral mines and quarries
- should have strong leadership, communication and mechanical skills
- should be physically fit and have knowledge of safety procedures
- should be comfortable working both independently and in a team setting
- must be observant, responsible and able to enforce procedures