Underground mine service and support workers perform a range of duties related to the operation of orepasses, chutes and conveyor systems.
People in this occupation:
- are responsible for the construction and support of underground structures, passages and roadways
- help miners to set up and operate equipment and machinery and track haulage equipment that distributes materials and supplies to support underground mining
- work for coal, metal and non-metallic mineral mines
- should be physically fit since work can be labour intensive
- must be able to work as a team and follow orders and safety regulations