Chainsaw and skidder operators work together to prepare sites for logging and harvesting. These workers operate chain saws to fell, delimb and buck trees, and operate skidders to move or yard the felled trees from the logging site to the landing area for processing and transportation.
People in this occupation:
- generally work for logging companies and contractors, although some of are also self-employed
- should be physically fit and enjoy working outdoors and in remote settings
- should have a basic mechanical ability since they often work with and maintain machinery
- should be comfortable working in a team setting
- should also have knowledge of safety procedures due to hazardous working conditions