Nursery and greenhouse workers plant, cultivate and harvest trees, shrubs, flowers, greenhouse vegetables and plants.
People in this occupation:
- work in indoor and outdoor nurseries and greenhouses
- often work with their hands for extended periods of time
- operate machinery, such as tractors, forklifts, skid steer loaders and specialized horticulture equipment
- have a general knowledge of plant biology, plant diseases and insects and the ability to recognize different species
- should enjoy working with nature, including working with flowers, plants, vegetables and trees
- serve nursery and greenhouse customers