Light metalworking machine operators:
- operate metalworking machines which shape and form sheet or other light metal into parts or products.
- work for sheet metal products manufacturing companies, sheet metal shops and other light metal products manufacturing establishments.
Heavy metalworking machine operators:
- operate metalworking machines which shape and form steel or other heavy metal into parts or products.
- work for structural steel fabrication, boiler and platework manufacturing companies, heavy machinery manufacturing companies and in the shipbuilding industry.
Forging machine operators operate:
- forging machines to form and shape metal into various shapes and sizes and impart desired strength, hardness or other characteristics.
- work primarily in the fabricated metal products, machinery and transportation equipment manufacturing industries.