Administrative assistants perform a variety of administrative duties in support of managerial and professional employers.
People in this occupation:
- make sure an offices administrative functions are carried out, organize events and meetings, manage distribution of information and keep track of records
- are employed throughout the private and the public sectors
- should have well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills
- should have an interest in working both independently and as part of a team in an office setting
- require diplomacy as well as good written and verbal communication skills and an ability to carry out instructions
- should have good attention to detail, quick keyboarding skills and knowledge of office software