People in this occupation:
- classify and catalogue museum and gallery artifacts
- construct and install exhibits and displays
- restore, maintain and store museum and gallery collections
- frame artwork, and perform other functions in support of curatorial and conservation activities
- work in museums and galleries.
Picture framers and taxidermists may also be employed in retail settings or may be self-employed.
This group also includes museum and other interpreters who conduct guided tours. They work at: art galleries and museums, parks, aquariums and zoos, interpretive centres and botanical gardens, cultural centres and nature sanctuaries and historic and heritage sites and other locations.