Hotel front desk clerks make room reservations, provide information and services to guests and receive payments. They are the "frontline" for hotels, as they greet customers and assign rooms.
People in this occupation:
- are the main contact for guests during their stay
- work for hotels, motels and resorts
- should have an interest in hospitality service, strong interpersonal skills and enjoy meeting new people
- need the ability to multitask
- should have excellent customer service skills, including conflict management and a knowledge of the local area
- should have computer skills and knowledge of a second language