COMING SOON: UPDATES TO THE WORKBC JOB BOARD
25 November 2021
WorkBC’s job board is changing to serve you better. Here’s what you need to know.
The Government of B.C. is partnering with Employment and Social Development Canada to co-deliver job board services. This means WorkBC.ca will soon have an updated job board, changing how B.C. employers register and post jobs, and enhancing how job seekers access job postings.
The transition will be phased in over the next few months. Regular updates will be posted.
What’s changing for employers?
Employers will soon need to register and post jobs with the National Job Bank system. The job postings will then automatically display on WorkBC.ca for British Columbians to access.
To get started, you will need to create a user account and employer file with the National Job Bank. If you are:
- New to WorkBC.ca – this is effective December 7.
- Already a registered employer on WorkBC.ca – your deadline is January 11, 2022.
Note: National Job Bank registration requirements differ from WorkBC.ca due to enhanced security.
Don’t want to wait? Visit the National Job Bank website to get started!
There are several advantages with this change. Employers will:
- Get more exposure to qualified job seekers from across Canada.
- Post jobs at no cost.
- Be able to invite job seekers to apply to jobs and fill positions faster.
- Receive real-time data on job posting progress.
- Have postings available in both French and English.
To learn more, refer to Frequently Asked Questions for Employers.
What’s changing for job seekers?
Job seekers will continue to access B.C. job postings on WorkBC.ca. However, you’ll notice some enhancements:
- Improved search options.
- New skills filtering which provides better job matching results.
For more information, refer to Frequently Asked Questions for Job Seekers.
Stay tuned for more updates and reminders in the weeks ahead!