Assistive Technology Services
WorkBC Assistive Technology Services
Assistive Technology Services provides equipment and devices to help individuals thrive in the workplace.
Supports available through Assistive Technology Services include:
- Assistive devices, equipment and technology
- Ergonomic supports (e.g. ergonomic furniture, lighting systems)
- Restorative supports (e.g. canes, crutches)
- Attendant services related to work (e.g. assistance with mobility)
- American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting and captioning services
- Communication and hearing devices related to work
- Workplace access and modification
- Vehicle modifications
Items not funded through Assistive Technology Services:
- Medical treatments and therapies
- Items for daily living
- Employment services and case-management supports (e.g. job coaching, employment and skills training, wage subsidies, etc.)
- Supports and services that are not employment or volunteer related.
Am I eligible for Assistive Technology Services?
Assistive Technology Services are available to individuals who have a work-related barrier due to a disability or a functional limitation. This may include barriers related to traveling to and from the workplace.
To be eligible for Assistive Technology Services, you must:
- Be a resident of and be legally eligible to work in British Columbia and 16 years of age or older
- Need assistive equipment, devices or disability supports to start work or to avoid losing:
- your current work or
- self-employment or,
- volunteer work that is part of a longer term goal of employment
For more information or to access Assistive Technology Services online, click here.
Go to Assistive Technology Services