New to B.C.
If you are new to British Columbia, you can find information and supports for newcomers at WelcomeBC. These services for immigrants and newcomers can help you become part of B.C. society and succeed in the B.C. job market.
Use the resources on these pages to learn about B.C. and find employment.
WelcomeBC helps newcomers adapt to work and life in British Columbia. You will find a wealth of information:
- Take your first steps toward a life in B.C. Find everything from information about the immigration process to advice on applying for government services.
- Learn about B.C., its economy, labour market, regions and communities.
- Get information on education and training. Find details on English language classes, post-secondary programs and trades-related training.
- Pursue your career. Get advice on having your existing credentials recognized, applying your skills to the B.C. job market and starting your own business.
WorkBC Centres help residents of British Columbia prepare for a career and find a job. At WorkBC Centres you can access job search resources, employment planning, skills assessment, training, work experience placement and more. Get started using online services or visit your WorkBC centre today.
Use our interactive map to find a WorkBC Centre in your area.
British Columbia offers many valuable programs that can help you reach your employment goals:
Find out what people say about starting their new career in British Columbia.
- Claire – Find out how Claire took the steps she needed to get her professional qualifications recognized after moving from China.
- Geraldine – Learn how Geraldine came to Canada under the skilled worker program and used her training to become an office manager.
- Maria – See how Maria was able to quickly continue her career in dentistry once she immigrated to Canada.