B.C.’s Labour Market Outlook: 2018 Edition
What’s in your future? British Columbians have an interest in where the job opportunities will be in our province. British Columbia’s Labour Market Outlook report can help.
B.C.’s Labour Market Outlook report is a ten-year forecast of the flow of supply and demand for labour in the province. The publication is updated every year to give British Columbians the information they need to make informed decisions on careers, skills training, education, and hiring.
The 2018 edition of the Outlook provides the most up-to-date information on the types of jobs and skills that will be in demand in B.C. between now and 2028.
Did you know?
- In all, B.C. is forecast to have 903,000 job openings between 2018 and 2028.
- 77% of future jobs will require some form of post-secondary education or training.
- 166,000 job openings over the next 10 years will be in occupations that have a high chance of being affected by automation.
- Active listening is identified as a “very important” skill for 73 percent of total projected job openings.
Inside the Outlook
- A 10-year forecast of job openings and the education and skills needed to get them.
- A list of High Demand Occupations and the industries that rely on them.
- A discussion of Indigenous Labour Market Information.
- The top in-demand skills and competencies over the next 10 years.
Download the British Columbia Labour Market Outlook: 2018 Edition to learn more.