This occupational group includes workers, not classified elsewhere, who perform various technical therapy and assessment functions.
People in this occupation:
- may assist professionals, such as audiologists (hearing specialists), ophthalmologists (eye physicians or eye surgeons), speech-language pathologists and physiotherapists
- work in hospitals, clinics, extended care facilities, rehabilitation centres, educational institutions and in the private practices of the professionals they assist
- should have strong interpersonal skills and must be able to communicate well with a variety of clients and other health-care professionals
- should also be able to work independently, follow instructions, have good organizational and critical thinking skills
- should enjoy precise work