The world’s economy is seeing a profound shift toward green technologies and skills. British Columbia has established leading initiatives in alternative and renewable energy, energy efficiency, and green building. Learn more about B.C.’s strategies for a better future at CleanBC and in the 2019 Green Report (PDF) and in the Green Careers video below.
Green industries and resources
British Columbia’s natural resources will continue to provide a competitive advantage in the green economy, especially with the province’s abundance of low-carbon natural resources such as hydro, wind, wave energy and biomass.
- Access the WorkBC Job Board to find current, in-demand jobs in your area. Use industry-specific keywords to narrow down your search (green sector, environmental industry, renewable energy).
- Use WorkBC’s Industry Job Board to search for, and apply to, careers in the green and renewable energy industries.
- Explore the Government of Canada’s green jobs initiatives and the Science and Technology Internship Program.
- Discover an exciting new environmental career or post a job for your green business on ECO Canada Job Board (Environmental Careers Organization of Canada) and GoodWork.
Green success stories
- Visit EducationPlannerBC to search for, and apply to, post-secondary programs in environmental studies or similar. Use industry-specific key terms to narrow down your search (environmental studies, green technology, sustainability, renewable energy).
- Expand your green job skills with industry-specific training available through the ECO Canada’s training and professional development courses.